The Museum of Science, Art, and Human Perception
- September 2015
- Online Publishing Platform & Branding
- The Exploratorium's Online Engagement
Collaborated with the On-line Media team to develop and design a responsive website built on a custom Drupal 7 CMS. Brought the Exploratorium's main website through two major redesigns. We accomplished much in this, moving heaven and earth over the course of two years. In order to grant editors and scientists a way to manage their own content as it appears on the world wide web. The Exploratorium, serving you from the world wide web since 1992.
- From a static HTML site we moved to a completely dynamic and responsive publishing platform built on Drupal 7.
- Developed a highly customized and flexible framework for editors and content creators. Writing custom modules for Drupal to handle features such as page layout and the automatic aggregation of related content.
- Built a framework for classroom teaching materials known as Science Snacks. Such as Falling Rhythm featuring yours truly.
- Developed a bespoke video annotation resource for the Institute for Inquiry.
- Built a custom HTML5 multimedia play-list API for the variety of sources the museum utilizes, such as Brightcove, Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, and our own home cooked Web Media Database.
- Designed and produced a micro site for the Science of Cocktails event.
- Produced a micro site for Global Studios. Promoting the museum as a research-and-development institution.
- Designed and produced a micro site for Resonance, a cutting edge music program exploring the distant realms of musical possibility. A series that takes place within our Meyer Sound Constellation system.
- Produced a site for Museum Rentals, a vivid collection of photo galleries promoting Pier 15 as an event space.
- Designed and illustrated educational mini sites for the 2012/13 Annular Eclipses.
- Re-designed and developed a climate change resource, the Global Climate Change Explorer.
A COMMUNITY MUSEUM
DEDICATED TO AWARENESS
A Webby for Our Troubles
Both the 2017 eclipse livestream video coverage and the Total Solar Eclipse mobile app were awarded the Webby Award and the People’s Voice Award for Best Film & Video — Events and Live Streams as well as Best Mobile Sites & Apps — categories in the 22nd Annual Webby Awards!